Housekeeper / Custodian - Hospital and Clinics Facility
Our commitment to quality service and performance begins with hiring people aligned to our Core Values: Trust & Respect, Improving Lives, and Continuous Progress. Our Encompass team members are talented and are enthusiastic about working in the building maintenance field.
With support and recognition from co-workers and management, our employees have an opportunity to attain professional development and career growth along with personal satisfaction in a dynamic and friendly environment.
NATURE OF WORK
Our Housekeeper/Custodians contribute to the operational effectiveness of our Encompass client locations by daily cleaning and supplying all the facility rooms (i.e.: patient rooms, offices), restrooms, lounges, waiting areas, and other areas, as assigned. Encompass Onsite House Keepers use cleaning devices, products, supplies and equipment to perform their job at the highest level to ensure the cleanliness of the facility for guests, patients, and staff.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums.
- Maintains facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- The work area will be dirty, damp, and/or dusty prior to you completing your job duties
- Dispose trash, waste, and other materials.
- Manages cleaning solvents, chemicals, and germicides and must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Follow job assignments.
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, windowsills, etc.
- Wet mop floors.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, & showers, air vents.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaking faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken windowpanes, missing nuts, or screws, etc.)
- Wash windows as scheduled.
- Check area for water spills and clean immediately to avoid potential injury.
- Maintains housekeeping equipment and utility closets in a clean and orderly manner.
- Routine office and/or classroom cleaning? Clean washbasins, mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Previous housekeeping experience.
- Prior solid surface (resilient floor) care experience.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license.
- This position demands good physical and mental health.
- Required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and move continuously during the work hours.
- Ability to lift and/or carry 25 to 45 pounds throughout the day.
- General supervision received is from a professional supervisor who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for quality of professional results. Tasks are performed under little direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO Class Code: Service Worker