Fort Lauderdale, FL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO Class Code: Professional
NATURE OF WORK
The Dispatch Runner will generally assist in operations within our South Florida accounts performing comprehensive cleaning and maintenance of public areas within facilities, completing service request as well as commuting between locations transporting equipment, delivering outstanding customer service and assist Dispatch Manger with additional functions.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Assists with upkeep of the facilities.
- Basic cleaning task such as dusting, trash disposal, wipe down, sweeping, mopping, buffing ect.
- Maintain a neat and organized workspace environment.
- Carefully inspected work area
- Transfer equipment as needed.
- Replenish supplies
- Notify supervisor of property damage or missing items
- Review and complete work tickets
- Process report for completed service request i.e. note/ comments, photos.
- Servicing, repairing, or replacing necessary devices, equipment, machinery, building infrastructure,
- Performing basic maintenance tasks including trash removal
- Troubleshoot minor repair, plumbing and maintenance.
- Inspects and identifies equipment or machines in need of repair.
- Performs general repairs that do not require a specialized technician. Examples may include repairing drywall, painting, and repairing doors and other building fixtures.
- Performs routine maintenance care on building.
- Orders supplies and materials
- Attend to customer requests
- Able to work independently
- Keep attention to detail.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Janitorial or maintenance experience
- Knowledge of commercial equipment
- Technology savvy
- General repair
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- High Communication skills with both client & team members.
- Commercial chemical/ cleaning products knowledge
- Ability to carry out complex oral and written instructions.
- Attain rapport effectively with the public, employees, supervisors, and managers, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers.
- Problem-solving and basic troubleshooting abilities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (Required)
- Valid Driver’s License
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Operate modern devices such as mobile phone, tablet and/or computer
- Some weekends and holidays availability.
- Read and write English
- Able to operate machinery
- Must be able to move continuously during work hours
- Must be able to lift, carry, push and/or pull objects and materials of 25 to 45 pounds
- General supervision is received from the Senior Dispatch Manager who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for quality of professional results. Tasks are usually performed under little direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment.
- Reports to Dispatch Manager for all duties related to request.
Apply for this position