Floor Care Technician - Port St. Lucie County
Our commitment to quality service and performance begins with hiring people aligned to our Core Values: Trust & Respect, Improving Lives, and Continuous Progress. Our Encompass team members are talented and are enthusiastic about working in the building maintenance field.
With support and recognition from co-workers and management, our employees have an opportunity to attain professional development and career growth along with personal satisfaction in a dynamic and friendly environment.
NATURE OF WORK
Our Floor Care Technicians contribute to the operational effectiveness of our Encompass client locations by performing overall floor maintenance of hard surfaces and carpeted surfaces by stripping, waxing, buffing, shampooing, extracting, and bonneting. You will be maintaining the floors of offices, classrooms, corridors, lobbies, entrances, stairwells, cafeteria, and other public areas. Encompass Floor Care Technicians perform their job at the highest level to ensure the floors are safe and maintained for the guests, patients, students, and staff.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Floor care, including routine mopping (dry and damp), buffing, and burnishing on solid surface floors and stairwells.
- Vacuuming, shampooing, bonneting, and extracting carpets, stairwells, and upholstery.
- Wet and damp mop floors in all rooms and bathrooms.
- Strip and recoat all floor areas when necessary and as scheduled.
- Move furniture to clean all areas of the floor.
- Use and maintenance specialized power equipment.
- Proactively plan work schedule to complete daily tasks.
- Obey all safety requirements and procedures.
- Wall cleaning, dusting (high and low).
- Must manage various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. and comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken windowpanes, missing nuts, or screws, etc.).
- Check the entire area for spills and water to allow for safe property.
- Other required duties as assigned by the supervisor such as light maintenance and housekeeping (bulb changing, etc).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills
- Duties require verbal and written communication skills- does it?
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Previous floor care experience is highly preferred.
- Prior solid surface (resilient floor) care experience is a plus, but not required.
- Valid Florida Driver’s license.
- This position demands good physical and mental health.
- Required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and move continuously during the work hours.
- Ability to lift and/or carry 40 to 75 pounds throughout the day.
- General supervision received is from a professional supervisor who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for quality of professional results. Tasks are performed under little direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO Class Code: Service Worker