NATURE OF WORK
Contributes to the effective operations of the Encompass Onsite Environmental Services department, by daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, treatment rooms, restrooms, nurseries, nursing stations, lounges, offices, waiting areas, and other areas, as assigned, in accordance with standard policies and procedures. Encompass Onsite House Keepers use cleaning devices, products, supplies and equipment to perform their job. Removes trash and linen from the facility as needed
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums
- Maintain facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and furnishings.
- Requires working in damp, dusty and dirty areas. Must clean up human waste and other body fluids, as required.
- Responsible for disposal of trash, waste, and other disposable materials.
- Must handle various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. Must comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Follow job assignments
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, window sills, etc.
- Empty trash containers daily.
- Wet mop floors in all rooms and bathrooms. Damp mop all corridor floors, lobby, dining areas, and others daily.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, & showers .
- Clean all air vents.
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as leaky faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken window panes, missing nuts or screws, etc.)
- Wash windows as scheduled.
- Check entire area for spills, water, etc. periodically.
- Follow instructions on use of germicidal solutions to clean. All procedures for solution use will be part of the housekeeper’s training
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate in English
- Duties require verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Previous housekeeping experience is highly preferred
- Prior hard surface (resilient floor) care experience is a plus, but not required
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- This position demands good physical and mental health.
- The housekeeper will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to move continuously during work hours
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 25 to 45 pounds
General supervision is received from a professional supervisor who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for quality of professional results. Tasks are usually performed under little direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment