Housekeeping Supervisor University Campus Weekend PT (Davie)
Our commitment to quality service and performance begins with hiring people aligned to our Core Values: Trust & Respect, Improving Lives, and Continuous Progress. Our Encompass team members are talented and are enthusiastic about working in facility services.
With support and recognition from co-workers and management, our employees have an opportunity to attain professional development and career growth along with personal satisfaction in a dynamic and friendly environment.
NATURE OF WORK
The Housekeeping Supervisor understands our processes and procedures to successfully oversee a housekeeping team. As a supervisor, you promote our efficient and effective cleaning processes and motivate the team to maintain the cleanliness of the property. You will serve as a point of contact between our client, staff, and management. This is a key role in ensuring we are meeting the cleaning expectations of the property and providing a wonderful experience for visitors.
- Supervise work activities of the cleaning personnel to ensure a clean environment
- Assign client requests to personnel and follow up to ensure the task is completed in a timely manner
- Assign work schedules and duties, and inspects the work to ensure it meets the cleanliness standards
- Manages various cleaning solvents, chemicals, etc. while complying with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health Department, etc.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies and issues supplies/equipment to workers
- Research feedback regarding housekeeping service and equipment and takes corrective action
- Conducts in-service employee training to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures and consistently demonstrates appropriate use and maintenance of equipment.
- Attends training seminars to develop and improve housekeeping techniques, procedures, and to enhance supervisory skills.
- Records data concerning work assignments, personnel actions, timecards, and prepares periodic reports.
- Attends staff meetings to discuss company policies and patrons' feedback, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Duties require professional verbal and written (email) communication skills.
- Ability to utilize technology (cell phone, timeclocks, work orders)
- Ability to develop field procedures
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Minimum of at least 2 years previous supervisory experience
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanish, or English & Creole
- Valid Florida Driver’s license
- This position demands good physical and mental health
- The housekeeper supervisor will be required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to move continuously during work hours
- Must be able to lift and/or carry 30 to 45 pounds
- General supervision is received from an account manager who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for quality of professional results. Tasks are usually performed under little direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment
- Must supervise housekeepers and floor technicians
Hours of work PM 5pm - 1am Part Time weekend only
Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
EEO Class Code: Supervisors